Bowral High School Parents and Citizens' Association
Bowral High School has an active P&C Association that plays a significant role in the operation of the school.
The main activities that the P&C undertakes are:
- Promoting the interests of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close cooperation
- Assisting in providing facilities and equipment for the school and in promoting the recreation and welfare of the students at BHS
- Encouraging parent and community participation in curriculum and other education issues in the school
- Providing a forum for students to inform the P&C about their activities and decisions and gain financial support.
- Providing a daily canteen that sells a range of healthy foods that comply with the NSW Healthy Foods Strategy
P&C meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month in the Staff Common Room starting at 6.30pm. Entry is via the Aitken Road doors and all are very welcome.
The State Government funded helpline, Parent Line NSW, provides a unique free support service to parents across NSW. Highly skilled professional counsellors are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to take calls from parents and carers about any parenting issue, from tips on how to manage the morning routine, to concerns about distant adolescents to complex challenges of living in blended families.
It is the only free counselling service available to parents during any part of their parenting journey, at any time of the day or night, anywhere in NSW. It's convenient because parents can call when it suits them, they don't have to arrange child care to talk to a professional counsellor and they can call as many times as they need.
Parent Line provides free, confidential, professional counseling to families across NSW, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you would like to discuss your relationship with your adolescent with a counsellor or discuss any other parenting issue, please call 1300 1300 52 or visit the Parent Line website.
If you have any further questions in relation to school times, dates, policies or other general enquiries please feel free to contact the school by phone on 4861 2255, weekdays between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm.